It's better to be well prepared before doing a shoot to avoid any hazards. It is precisely for this reason that Lola shares with us in this blog some precious tips to start in photo shoots. ❤️
Tips for a lolita Photo Shoot
1. Find a photographer:
- Choose a photographer you can trust (I advise you to find out about the person and their work beforehand) who will put you at ease and with whom you feel comfortable.
- You can ask to come to the shooting accompanied by a relative (if the photographer refuses it's a bad sign!).
2. Choose your outfit:
- If this is your first shoot, you can simply choose your favorite dress or a comfortable outfit.
- You can also choose an outfit according to a theme that will be the guideline for your photos!
- Think about the makeup: you will need to put on a little more than for an everyday makeup to be seen on the pictures.
- Try your outfit before because sometimes the result is not what you imagined.
3. Find a location:
- Indoors: this can be in a studio if the photographer has one or in a public place like a church, a town hall or a tea room.
- Outside: parks and gardens are ideal, city centers for a "street fashion" side or cemeteries for the more gothic!
- For public places and cemeteries, ask first for an authorization before going there to take pictures.
4. How to pose?
- You can find ideas for lolita poses in magazines on the subject or directly on the sites/networks of brands.
- You can also take accessories that will give you ideas of poses like an umbrella, a stuffed animal or a bunch of flowers.
- Finally, try to relax to avoid looking tense and don't force yourself to smile if you don't want to.
Find Lola @ lola.yuri here: